Sunday, April 1, 2012

EVERY MONDAY INCHIE - APRIL 2, 2012


After a few hours of frustration over the past couple of days, I am finally excited about this week's Inchie.


My initial try became a disaster, but then I had a brainwave. I don't have those too often, and you super-artists out there will probably think I've lost a few marbles, instead!

Before I actually joined the Inchie challenge I had to practice first, to see if I would be able to accomplish anything. Like my sister, ChrisJ, I am pending cataract surgery so trying to create something on a square inch of card seemed impossible. I won't show you my very first tries, but this one was about half a dozen later and I was quite pleased with it.

I called it "Secluded" and hoped that it might fit an upcoming Inchie theme one day.

So, in the midst of losing my marbles and tearing out my hair, I was looking through all my completed Inchies and saw that this one could have possibilities.

This week's theme is "river" and, after all, there is a river in front of those houses, but it needed to be highlighted.

So I went to open it up in MS Office Picture Manager to look at it more closely, and discovered that I have a Paint option that I had never noticed before.

So, please bear in mind that this is the very first time I have ever "painted" on computer (well, in reality, it's quite obvious!).

I simply took my original drawing and painted over it. Now that I have done it once and am getting the hang of the 'textures' and the tools, I am sure I could do a better job, but I just don't have the time or the inclination to do it over again.

I am not even sure if it is 'legal' to do this in the Inchie challenge, but, take it or leave it, this is it for this week!

River

5 comments:

  1. I think 'legal' isn't a question here. I love it. And for a first attempt at Paint that's VERY good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that was pretty good for computer painting. It's not easy to do. Your little sketches that you do in black and white are really your style. I think I recognize you in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job, kaybee. I think if it works, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That works well, congratulations on squeezing it into an inch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun that Paint program. good job. xo

    ReplyDelete