Friday, October 21, 2011

Been There - Done That...

My sister, ChrisJ, is part of a blogging group called Coffee Klatch Friday. This week their challenge is to list 10 things they have never done. I am not a part of the group - too busy to keep up with them :{ but I thought it would be fun to list my own "10 Things I've Never Done" and encourage my followers to do the same on their blogs:

I have never...

...climbed a mountain (don't think Snowdonia counts as a mountain)

...piloted a plane (although my sister says she has, at a very young age)

...allowed a spider to live (forgive me, those who feel strongly about such things)

...become fully fluent in a foreign language (English is hard enough)

...taken drugs (I did smoke for a number of years, until I came to my senses)

...dived from a diving board (swimming is hard enough)

...wanted to swim with a dolphin (unlike some who would feel that it's a dream come true)

...driven a motorcycle (especially after riding side-saddle to work on the back of my husband's)

...had an operation (and at the age of 67, I am so very grateful)

 ...won a school award (I couldn't even finish school)

And now:

10 Things I Have Done That Others May Not Have...

...nearly lost my life at least four times: diving off a boat at the age of 6/at the mercy of a runaway horse/because of a faulty gas furnace/ and a car accident that could have been deadly

...won a trophy in a golf tournament at the age of 10

...worked for my father for 3 years after prematurely finishing school (not the greatest of situations, but so much better than school)

...lived for a number of years in a home on the edge of a cliff 400 feet above the North Sea

...visited/lived in at least 12 countries: England, Scotland, Wales, Canada, United States, Romania, Poland, France, Hungary, Bulgaria, Mexico, Cuba, Israel -- oops, that's 13!  Although I understand there is some discussion as to whether Scotland is actually a country?

...published 2 books and many articles

...taken a bird-watching boat ride down the Danube River (few birds, lots of mosquitos!)

...gained four granddaughters in one day (lo-o-ong story!)

...been attacked by a pack of dogs (yes, I had to have rabies shots, but, thank goodness, not the old-fashioned way)

...as a child, hunted down hidden Christmas gifts, opened them and re-sealed them - and cleverly feigned great surprise when opening them on Christmas morning (bet my sister never knew that!)

++++++
Ok, followers and lurkers, now let's hear about yours!







2 comments:

  1. Knew some of the things you write about here. Didn't know about the car accident -- did know about the Christmas gifts! We all did it didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got in first, just about to post mine. Nice list and winning a golf tournament at 10 is certainly something many people will not have done. I think some Scots may contest the idea that Scotland is not a proper country. Look out for kilted assassins, you may have started a fatwa.

    ReplyDelete