Thursday, May 14, 2009

What Do You Think?

This is my second attempt at drawing (in my old age). I'm looking forward to my next attempt because since beginning this one I have been shopping for some art supplies and an instruction book -- with my lovely Mother's Day Chapters gift card, courtesy of my family.

I don't have to tell you which is the original! It was taken from a calendar mailed to me by Covenant House. There was no name on the drawing so I don't know who the artist is. I just know that all the pictures, from each month of the year, are just as cute as this one -- which is, of course, from April. I may try another one.

Faces are a real challenge for me -- but I love the face of the little girl under the umbrella! The book I bought has lots of help for drawing faces so hopefully I will get better. I do have trouble matching the colours also. I guess I must learn how to mix the coloured pencils to get the correct shade. Of course, the original of this was done with watercolours and I used Prismacolor pencils, so that makes a difference, too.

Anyway, I'm open for constructive criticism!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic, Kay! I looked at yours first before scrolling down and couldn't tell if it was the original or not. I have all but finished Logan Church on Chuuk. I have worked every night on it all week. Now I'm about cross-eyed. I just have a few details to take care of. Then when we come back from Norway I can take a fresh look at it, for any other adjustments.

    ReplyDelete