Thursday, May 7, 2009

Everything is Satisfactual!

We were quite determined, my sister and I, to find the elusive bluebird we'd been told could be seen in San Dieguito Park.

But I didn't know just how in earnest my sister was to capture it on camera.

At first she was happy just to sit and scan the skies...

Then she thought, "Well, maybe if I get closer, into the hedgerow, I'll see one...." But no luck.

"Perhaps under this bush? Nope, that's a little lizard..."

"Maybe, if I stand perfectly still, they'll come..."

"Ok, well, I'll go deeper still...even though they told us there are snakes on the trail."

My sister is SO brave.

"Alright, already - come out, come out; wherever you are!"

Obviously nothing happening in this neck of the wood, so we moved to the lower part of the park --

where our patience was rewarded!

Zip a dee doo-dah, zip a dee ay

My, oh my, what a wonderful day!

Mister bluebird on my shoulder (well, not quite -- but overhead)

It's the truth, it's actual. (it is!)

Everything is satisfactual. (Oh, yes -- success!)

3 comments:

  1. And all the time I thought you were birdwatching with me! No Fair! Especially the one of me bending over looking for the lizard! But you blue bird photos really saved the day. None of mine came out looking as good as yours do. The new camera is better but you should go to brookvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com if you want to see the kind of photos I really want to take -- and the lens I would need. Look for the photo of the mourning dove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never let a sister loose with a camera!

    ReplyDelete