Monday, September 17, 2012

EVERY INCHIE MONDAY - SEPTEMBER 17, 2012

 
 
 
This week's inchie theme is...
 
 
 
 
 
Wall
 
 
Ever since I saw the theme for this week, I just couldn't get this silly song out of my mind:
 
 
Ten green bottles sitting on the wall,
Ten green bottles sitting on the wall,
And if one green bottle should accidentally fall,
There'll be nine green bottles sitting on the wall.

 
For some reason, on this side of the ocean, we replace sitting with hanging.
 
Can't say I have ever seen bottles hanging on a wall, but then neither have I ever seen 10 green bottles sitting on a wall!
 
There are some interesting interpretations of the theme here

and you will also see that ChrisJ has done a great job of catching up on the six or so inchie weeks that she missed!
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug Kay. As I said before, I love your green bottles. Actually I love green glass, but the kind that is more aqua than grass green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea, but you've got me singing it now! :(
    We always used to sing 'hanging on the wall' and I always imagined very old fashioned bottles on hooks with moulded glass handles. For some reason, until seeing your fallen bottle, I had never thought of them as full bottles, in my mental image they were always empty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added for effect, snafu - I always thought of them as empty, too!

      Delete