Sunday, September 9, 2012

EVERY INCHIE MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012

Wow!  How did it get to be September already!
 
 
 
This week's Inchie theme is:
 
 
 
 
 
Sunset
 
 
Those birds have become my trademark, I think!
 
This inchie should please my sister, ChrisJ - it is supposed to look a little like the lighthouse at Flamborough Head in Yorkshire, UK - our home (well, not the lighthouse, but the headland) for many wonderful years.
 
We lived in the Dormy House - a little cabin right on the edge of the cliff, belonging to the golf club where my father was the manager. The golf course ranged back from the cliff edge and one of my favourite pastimes was to search the cliffs for lost golf balls and sell them back to my dad!
 
There are sure to be many more wonderful interpretations of the 'sunset' theme here
 
It's hard to believe this year's inchie challenge will be over in just a  few months!  But there are still 16 themes to go - yay!
 


5 comments:

  1. I haven't even started my sunset inchie yet because I've been away. This is lovely though. I know Flamborough well, of course, because I grew up on that stretch of coast too. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look very Flamborough. I have privately tried a couple of inchies, but whilst they look nearly as intended as an inch square, the look terrible when scanned and on screen. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, snafu! I am so glad you are trying! If you check back to some of my attempts at the beginning you will see that they looked pretty awful on screen (in fact even this one looks pretty awful compared to its original). I haven't really any tricks to share, only that I now use a very fine leaded pencil and a fine pen (Pilot G-tec-C4). I always draw in pencil first. The pencil I use is not a fancy one, just a Bic automatic pencil#2, 0.5mm. The coloured pencils are Prismacolor Verithin. For me, it seems that I can draw better in miniature than on a larger scale :}

      Delete
  3. Sunset at the sea that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete