Saturday, June 9, 2012

Spontaneity


I love being spontaneous.

So does DOTH (Daughter of the House).

So when she suggested a last minute trip, I was all for it. Good job TS (The Sister - ChrisJ) and her MOTH (Man Of The House) were willing to join us in our spontaneity, since it involved our 'dropping in' on them in California at the last minute, and just a few days before they were leaving on a trip of their own.

We had a super time with them. As always they were so hospitable and we spent 4 lovely days showing DOTH some of the sights I am already familiar with. DOTH and her aunt, ChrisJ, had not seen each other for over 20 years so it was a great reunion for them.  We spent time walking the beach, touring San Diego harbour and, of course, eating fish and chips, plus shopping in Seaport Village and locally too.

We also got to meet up with one of my nephews and his family over a great dinner together, which was topped up with a tub of Menchies ice cream. Menchies is a bit of an innovation for Canadians - don't think we have one here...it's lots of fun and requires much willpower. The idea is to pick up the size of tub you'd like and then fill it with various flavours of ice cream, choose from zillions of toppings, plus whipped cream, sauces etc., and then take it to the check-out to be weighed and paid for. Yummy!

After a sad farewell to family, DOTH and I traveled back north to Los Angeles, for three days of sightseeing. More about that on another post. But first, here are two "What Is It?" photos taken from our trip for you to try and guess. Bear in mind the locations I've mentioned.



If you are good at these, I may give you some more!


2 comments:

  1. How come you haven't got any comments yet?? This is the second time I've visited. I think the first photo has to be something to do with the harbor. Maybe the star of India? The second one I'm guessing was at Seaport Village, but can't be more accurate than that I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm back. I have been out of Internet range for a while. Glad you all had a nice time together.
    You have got me with those pictures,I have not got a clue :?' I will be posting on my own adventures soon.

    ReplyDelete