Sunday, June 17, 2012

Catching up with Every Inchie Monday

So between vacation and two recent cataract surgeries I've fallen a little behind with my inchies. I'm still not seeing perfectly, but here are my valiant attempts; just couldn't resist the challenge any longer!

May 28 - Number


Needs some explanation: my birthday, coming up in a couple of months, will be my 68th. My inchie represents all that I love, at this stage of my life:

my faith, my family (3 children, 5 grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren - and if you look closely you will see a big tummy representing another one on the way, wonderful son-in-law and grand-son-in-law - and not to forget my sister, brother-in-law, nephews and cousins), home, friends, reading, trees, flowers and birds, music, the blue waves representing the ocean, or at least Lake Ontario, and the thing that looks like a syringe is meant to be the CN Tower, representing my wonderful city of Toronto...and all of these bring peace, love and joy into my life -- most of the time!


June 4 - veil



June 11 - street



June 18th - animal

Because I had my second surgery just over a week ago, I had to take a short cut with this week's theme. It really wasn't possible to see to draw well, so I cropped this from my drawing of a shepherd leading his sheep along snowy Chapel Street in Flamborough Village, Yorkshire - which I copied from a very old postcard of the same, a couple of years ago. I just love the British black-headed sheep (I am sure they have a name, and someone who reads this will tell me!)


This is my original drawing. If you were to follow the street northward and go around the corner you would come to the home where my sister ChrisJ and I lived with our family in the early 1950s - 15 Woodcock Road. This is one of my most favourite Flamborough Village scenes! Oh, and I love the donkeys pulling the cart, too!

It's good to be back with my Every Monday Inchie friends!

Finally, for those who are dying to know what the "What Is It?"s  are in my previous blog, I will post the answer in a comment here.

Happy Monday all!

5 comments:

  1. The first 'What is it?' is a portion of an old submarine in San Diego Harbour. The second is a sign in Hollywood that says "Beverly Hills".

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good catch up. I think the sheep are Suffolks, they have a distinct black head and are commonplace in the UK.
    Great work making all those tiny collages with your not yet perfect eyes.
    I like your happy looking, fast food eating, streetwise litter bug. I hope he clears up all that mess, but I suspect not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those sheep! This is a lovely catch up collection. But the sheep are definitely my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, you've worked hard! I recognized the sheep picture immediately. Your complete drawing of the complete drawing is beautiful. Good for you. I'm wondering why you can't see too well yet. I just started the pre-op prep for mine last night and I keep thinking how it will soon all be over and I'm looking forward to SEEING -- but right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now I know. Beautiful. I like sheep, too. Being a knitter, crocheter, etc....I guess that is only normal, huh. I wish I could draw like that but, we must be content with what talents we do have, I guess. :0)

    ReplyDelete