Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lovin' the Garden


Both DOTH and I, each recuperating from our individual surgeries, have a little more time to spend in the garden for a while - and the weather has been beautiful.


Here are just a few of the scenes we've been enjoying:


This is "Red" - he's tiny and beautiful, but...

...he's VERY territorial - guards the area of the bird feeder like a hawk!

The Trillium - Ontario's provincial flower since the 1930's

White-throated sparrow. He's the one who sings, "Dear sweet Canada Canada Canada"
Fluffy Mourning Doves
And we thought they wouldn't like the new birdbath!
Don't mess with me, buddy!
I'm still watching you!
A peaceful scene



Monarch butterfly - we have had an unusual profusion of them this year as they travel their migration path


Last, but not least, new visitors to the garden...

...two chipmunks. They have a ton of fun chasing each other round the garden, and even across the patio around our feet!


Our garden - a little Eden, and I'm lovin' it!

5 comments:

  1. We could sit on our patio if we were to wrap up well and use waterproofs, but we have not bothered so far for some reason. You have a lot of coming and going in your garden and I am very jelous. For about two weeks I have been trying to snap a great tit but they seem to know when the camera is pointed in their direction and I keep getting nice shots of the place they were a second or so ago. Only the sparrows, pigeons and robins pose for me and I already have lots of shots of them. Anyway it is nice to see your pictures. Keep on recuperating and have the camera handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I particularly like the chipmunk peping out of the leaves, that is a great shot, could be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks snafu. We were sitting out there yesterday, and he came right onto the patio and climbed into a flower pot. He was playing hide and seek with us - peeking and hiding, peeking and hiding. Of course, as soon as I made a move for my camera, he was gone, but it would have made an even cuter photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely images, Kathy. It is soo...oo...o cold here that I don't think we'll be sitting out for a while and York is flooded, so it's nice to see that someone is getting the sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo's of the red squirrel and the chipmunks!

    P.s i haven't blogged or a while because when i log on my blog isn't there any more so i am having to start fresh :( so here's my new blog; http://just-devoted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete