Friday, March 19, 2010

While the Cat's Away...

...well, actually

While DOTH (Daughter Of The House) is away,
strange things happen:

WHAT is this?

Why is my desk so empty; my office so tidy??

Oh, because it's all HERE:


and HERE:



Why?

Well, I am working on a new book project - can't say a lot about it right now, but suffice to say that it covers 50 years of history.

And what you see in the photos covers only about 20 years -- so there's a long way to go.

And there is so much material, my office and desk just can't contain it all, so I moved it all to the living room.

DOTH returns on Sunday, so I am going to move it all back upstairs again before she arrives, or her vacation will end with, hmmm...let's just say she wouldn't be too happy with her living room turned upside down.

But what am I going to do?  I have at least another 30 years of historic material to work on. I guess that's why I took the photos...ready to show her, just at the right moment.

"So, DOTH...what do you think...could you live with the living room looking like this for the next eight months or so?"

All she can say is, "No!"

But I am hoping she'll say, "Yes!"

or I may have to move out!

4 comments:

  1. OH Kay! Your head must be spinning trying to get all that stuff sorted out. I got the final Edition of the History of Flamborough yesterday. It is very enlightening as to what MIGHT HAVE BEEN there around the cliffs. Heaven forbid!! The Bridlington Borough saved the day by buying up the land. Phew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's the new laptop. The rest looks quite norrmal to me, you have not seen my study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, here you are... working all over the house. I am happy that you have a new computer, I guess... functional one. I miss you K!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ChrisJ: really, I enjoy working on this book -- if only I had more time!

    Inc: It's good to know someone else lives with so much paperwork!

    Anon: I love the new computer - makes the work easier! Miss you too - your wee baby is growing!

    ReplyDelete