Friday, February 19, 2010

A Couple of Tries at ATCs

Taking a cue from my sister again, re art, I thought I'd try my hand at an ATC (Art Trading Card).  The idea behind ATCs is that you are so good that people might want to trade their cards for yours. I am very obviously not in that league!

But here are my first two attempts:



This is a pen and ink drawing, but I did cheat and drew it with a pencil first.


And this is pen and ink in watercolour.

They are drawn on little cards 2.5" x 3.5"


- not so easy on the eyes!

I'm going to try a design next time.

3 comments:

  1. These are really nice, Kay -- especially the first one with all the detail.. But I do know what you mean about it being hard on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped by to say, "hi". I live in Bridlington, but I've preached many times at the little Methodist church at Flamborough and we go for lots of family walks there. Your ATC's are great...I embroider mine; we'll have to arrange a swap sometime. Joy and love to you, Elizabeth. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by Elizabeth! It's good to have a new friend in Bridlington. I'd love to see one of your embroidered ATCs! I am working on a book project that has an immoveable deadline so I may not spend so much time on art, or on this blog for the next few months, but I will try and post from time to time. Glad you are blessed by my other blog.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete