Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My First Attempts...

...at watercolour painting.

I'm back home in Canada after a great time with my sister in California. The weather wasn't the greatest, but that didn't stop us from having a good time together.

And we certainly enjoyed our times of drawing and painting.

Chris gave me some brief pointers and this was my very first attempt. I post it here with some trepidation. I am not at all pleased with it, but I learned a lot from the experience!


A couple of days later, I worked on this one -- it still needs to be fixed up a little, but now that I am home I'm not sure when I will get to it. At least I know HOW to fix it up!



Thanks to Chris for helping me along with this new hobby.
I am not sure that watercolours are my 'thing' - not sure, yet, what my 'thing' is.
But it was a whole lot of fun! 
Now I just need a studio, where I can set up all my art stuff and go to it, whenever I need some down-time (not likely to happen any time soon - the studio OR the down time!)

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I followed you and your sis' adventures over on her blog, and found my way here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit, Sandy!

    I just took a look at some of your artwork - awesome! I wonder how long it will be before I can draw 'from my head' (or should it be 'from my heart') and not just copy something. Ah well, I am a novice, at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love your puppy art work and the horse one my daughter fell in love with and perhaps may get her to have a go at that for her art schoolwork.
    Keep up the great work,
    Nicky
    now in New Zealand.
    Missing the cliffs of Flamborough but not the cold weather lol.

    ReplyDelete