Sunday, March 29, 2009

Busted!

It was 6:00am. I thought I heard an unusual noise outside the office window, so I crept quietly to the curtain and pulled it aside and ....he was BUSTED!




Oh my, these creatures are so clever! I know it's not such a clear video -- it was still dark outside and I didn't want to use the flash and scare him away -- but the raccoon was SO smart. If he put any weight on the ring at the bottom of the bird feeder, the feeding holes would close, and he'd be out of luck.

So, you may be able to see that he is hanging on, with one paw holding on to the hole and the other one holding on a bit higher...not touching the wheel at all! He cleaned out sunflower seeds from half the feeder!

So much for the creature-proof bird-feeder that cost all of $100!!

We put it lower so that the squirrels couldn't reach it from the tree and thinking that if the raccoons could reach, they would hang on to the wheel and not be able to get to the seed. This was one BIG raccoon!

Back to Square One!!

1 comment:

  1. Soooooooo sweet!
    I like him. He looks for goodies too!
    Al.

    ReplyDelete