Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My First Attempt

My sister is accomplished in many things, but especially in art. You can find some of her work here and lots more here.

She has been encouraging me to try my hand at sketching. In a recent comment, she suggested I could try drawing my blog banner. I've never been able to draw well, although I can be pretty 'crafty' at other forms of art.

But I've been challenged by the beauty of her sketches. So, here is my attempt -- what do you think?

(Unfortunately, the colours didn't scan well. The colours I used are pretty close to the original; those pinks and mauves are actually a light and dark rust). I'm pleased enough to try again!

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW you could draw!! That's a nice job. I have been asked to do a drawing for the new church on Chuuk in Micronesia! That will be quite a challenge. I think I'll be posting about it on my blog, but right now I'm recuperating from our trip to Boise. Had a good time. Just tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good. Many professional book illustrations are not as good as that.

    ReplyDelete