Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm Watching You!

Actually, it's a case of 'who's watching who?' because I've been waiting for an opportunity to capture on camera this beautiful female Cardinal who comes daily to visit me. She peers through my office window and quite distracts me from my work - but usually she doesn't stay around very long. The slightest movement from me and she's gone! But today she lingered long enough...
"I see you," she says.
"And I see YOU," says me. "Please stay a while!" . "Hmm...you look better from this angle..."
"...or maybe this one...""Aaah, that's better -- face to face!"


My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather.

Loire Hartwould


"Hear! hear!" screamed the jay from a neighboring tree, where I had heard a tittering for some time, "winter has a concentrated and nutty kernel, if you know where to look for it."

Henry David Thorea
28 November 1858 journal entry

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?

Rose F. Kennedy


1 comment:

  1. GREAT photos, Kay! I've never seen a cardinal close up, only one way up high in a tree.

    ReplyDelete