Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Transitions

From this...
To this...
And from this...
To this...

The demise of summer: the descent into winter

"Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure."

Thomas Wolfe

I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.

Bill Watterson

When the bold branches

Bid farewell to rainbow leaves -

Welcome wool sweaters.

B. Cybrill

http://www.quotegarden.com/

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Our temperatures have been in the upper 70's for weeks. Sorry about that, but like you I used to dread the winter. I like the middle quote especially, by Watterson. When are you going to come down and visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You're on my list of "Things to do to brighten up my winter" !!

    Yes, that's my favourite quote, too --in fact I am in one of those 'mid-winter moods' right now and it's not even mid-winter yet; but very cold, windy, grey and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for these quotations. They match my mood on this first cool and rainy day in Jerusalem.

    ReplyDelete