Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Untagged Tag

So there is this really strange version of a tag making its rounds without actually tagging anyone

(see snafu, AJ and Weaver)


If I'd been tagged, I probably wouldn't do it (just rebellious), but since it's voluntary, here goes:

What would I do if I won the lottery?  Well, it wouldn't happen since I don't play, but if I inherited a large sum of money, I would share some with family (but not too much - don't want to spoil them), and then give most of the rest to a wonderful home that exists for orphans, street and abandoned children, on the outskirts of Bucharest, Romania - so that they could take in even more needy kids.

Where would I like to holiday this year?  Believe it or not, the UK, the country of my birth. I only lived there for 18 years and there is so much I've still not seen. I would love for my children and grandchildren to come with me. We would travel the length and breadth, and I would show them the multitude of homes (nine of them!) I lived in during those 18 years. That would be the perfect holiday!

What would be at the top of my bucket list?  The only thing I would like to do before I actually kick it would be to meet all my living British relatives, on both sides of the family. On my father's side we have no contact whatsoever, and I don't know why but they don't seem to be interested.

What was the last book I read?   I  usually have a few on the go, but did just finish Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli. It's the story of a young orphan boy living on the streets of Warsaw during the Nazi era. Very moving.

What is my earliest memory?  I was in the pram, so must have been very young, in the kitchen of a house we were temporarily staying in, in Primrose Valley, Filey (are there still houses in Primrose Valley?). I remember looking up at a huge (to me, anyway) brass bed-warming pan hanging on the wall


What is my favourite film?  Well, some may be horrified at my two choices: The Terminal, and The Truman Show...and, from the ridiculous to the sublime - I also love Fiddler on the Roof


Would I like to change my name? Well, I started out as Kathleen at school, got called Kay by my family and then became Kathy because my husband didn't like Kay...so, no thanks. I will answer to any of the above

Did I enjoy school? Never!  But now I wish I could do it all over again!

What would I be if I could be anything?  I am pretty happy, at this stage of my life, just being me

What's my favourite smell?  The baking of cookies emanating from a local bakery as I drive past...mmmm

City vs country?  I have the best of both worlds here. We have a home in the city, but are close enough to the suburbs to make it feel like country - especially with a big back garden surrounded by trees.

5 comments:

  1. What is it with your family that makes you all read half a dozen books at once? I thought I was the only one that did it!

    Yes, there are still houses in Primrose Valley. Drove through there about last October.

    Great answers. I wonder who'll pick up the non-tag next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iknow AJ, we are avid readers, for sure - although each with very different genres. I bought an e-reader recently and have about 10 books downloaded (some lovely, free, classics)that I am in the process of reading. But I still love the feel of a REAL book in my hands so have a few of those on the go, too! PLUS - three more on their way to me from Amazon!

    I am glad that Primrose Valley still has houses. I had heard that it was inundated with caravans. Must have a look on Google Earth sometime - maybe right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time Blogger told me if you have posted something new as soon as you posted, but now it only tells me if I click on your name under ‘Blogs I am following’. Is this the new look? If so a lot of comments could remain unwritten unless I keep looking through the list of my followers. Anyway having found you, I see that have done an untagged post and you have some interesting and informative answers. At least you knew what a bucket list was, well done, I must be losing touch with popular culture. I don’t know the movie the Terminal, but do like the Truman Show.
    Incidentally not all bacteria are bad, you have several kinds living within you and you would not live long without them. There are millions of kinds that never come near a humans or any other animal for that matter which live happily in the deep ocean and in soil. Don’t judge all bacteriakind from the bad behaviour of some rotten apples. … bad metaphor actually, the kind that make apples rotten are fairly benign too. Oh and I seem to have found a way to get your latest post to appear in my recent posts list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, snafu, for reminding me that I am bacteria-ridden. It's good to know they are (for the most part, anyway) friendly aliens. And sorry for disrespecting bacteriakind; I am sure many of them would make good neighbours! (But how can you tell the good from the bad, until they attack you?!)

      Delete
  4. Good point. Something very odd has happened to your recent posts, this one has appeared twice with no header and the new one headed Nicola de Angelis says there is no such page if I open it.
    i hope Blogger lets this comment through, because it seems to be doing strange things.

    ReplyDelete