Monday, January 30, 2012

"Inchies" and Other Stuff

(Wow! My second post in just a couple of days - things are looking up!)

I've been inspired by the artwork of ChrisJ, MorningAJ and others - especially their "inchies" (well, "twinchies" by my sister). You'll need to go to their blogs to see what "inchies" and "twinchies" are. Maybe you will be challenged to give it a try, like I did.

This Monday the topic is Smile. Funny that my sister and I both chose cats, although hers actually looks like a cat. Mine could be anything!  Bear in mind that this is the first time I have EVER tried to draw something in one square inch of space. It'll take some practice:



Here are some others I had practice with:

Secluded Dwellings

Trees
(those little trees look like skeletons, and the fish look like whales!)


If you have never tried this, you might be surprised at how difficult it is, and how awful they can look when they are enlarged for posting!

Now for a couple of drawings (of normal size) that I did over Christmas. It was great to do something creative other than writing for a change!

This was another try at a painting my sister and I each did, a couple of years ago. I think I much prefer drawing to painting.

This was copied from a cute Christmas card that struck my fancy

I think I will try next Monday's inchie - the topic is "flier" - maybe you'd like to give it a try. You can create it in any medium you would like, including scrapbooking material, stickers etc. If you click here you will be amazed at the creativity involved!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're joining in, Kay. I find I like having a topic assigned and then getting creative. I laughed at your comment on the trees and fishes one. Wait til you see my ABC Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on two posts in three days. I can quite beleive that drawing something in an inch of space is a real challenge, which is probably why I have not joined in. Keeping them small is a must, you could try scanning them all together as a single image, they would then look smaller when posted. Remember the Group of Seven, looking closely at their works showed they were just blobs and smears, clever blobs and smears, but meant to be viewed from a distance. Your skeletons and wales look ok from a few feet away:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good counsel, snafu - I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love those houses. I have tried inchies, but not for a long time; I'll have to give it a go, again. x

    ReplyDelete