Monday, February 27, 2012

Every Inchie Monday

This week I cheated a little with my Inchie, since the picture is not original with me.


But since the topic for this Monday is "mirror" I couldn't resist making an Inchie out of this photo -- because it is an almost every day reality for me!





Because we live quite close to our major highway, there are few places to which I travel, even locally, without taking the highway to get there.

I still never cease to be amazed at the number of HUGE trucks that travel that highway. And, at certain times of the day, when merging into the oncoming lane, it is tremendously intimidating to have to merge into a lane full of trucks as far as the eye can see, before and behind you, realising that you actually have to get in between two of them to get onto the highway, and then make your way...very carefully...across sometimes two more lanes to get to the fast lane, in order to get away from them all as soon as possible!

So this view from my side-view mirror is very familiar to me, even if, in this format, it is only an inch square!!!


Coming up:  March 1st is a very special day for me. 
I will be telling you all about it - so stay tuned!



5 comments:

  1. Nice inchie and not chealing at all. Intimidating when they are thundering up behind you but you can always be sure of a clear run behind if you are joining behind a big truck, all the fast traffic will have pulled into the overtaking lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understand what you mean, snafu, but our trucks seem to drive in a convoy, and often don't leave much room in between, especially if the traffic is slow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, kaybee! I have a whole series of pics taken in the car's wing mirrors. An interesting perspective? Trouble with this Inchie is, you won't be able to add it to the rest of the collection in the end but still a GREAT idea! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting story and good idea for the subject mirror.
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete