Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Vacation Quiz

DOTH and I have just returned from a week in Cuba. We had a super time, and hopefully I will post some pics very soon.

In the meantime, to whet your appetite, we made some interesting observations of the part of the country we were in, and this shot kind-of says it all. It became quite a topic of our conversations, as it reminded us so much of one of my favourite movies (although many have told me it certainly wasn't their favourite!) -- can you guess what the movie is? My only clue is that all is not as it appears to be:


I am betting on snafu for the correct answer!

6 comments:

  1. I like the photo. I took a similar one when on our cruise,minus the sail boat. I found the two different shades of blue fascinating. I suspect that my movie knowledge is not vast enough to answer your quiz question. Glad you're home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be that Jim Carry movie where he is unaware that he is starring in a reality TV show about his life and he sails to the edge of his world? The title eleudes me for the moment. I like that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Sanfu -- I knew you would get it! The movie is the Trueman Show, and I will post soon to explain why Cuba reminded DOTH and myself of the movie.

    (odd: the word verification is triument!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I misspelled the movie title. It's The Truman Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued now - I shall have to seek out this film. I'm so pleased you've had a lovely holiday and are back safely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a movie well-worth seeing, Elizabeth. Not sure why I like it so much, but I own the DVD and have watched it a number of times!

    ReplyDelete