Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trees

She stands a dusky silhouette
A splendour to behold.
Her frame against the grace of dawn,
The skies like molten gold.



And when in light of day she's seen
In glorious display
When chinks of blue sky peep
Amidst her green and grand array


And there in hush of evening
When blazing sun sinks low
And spreading bows are set against
A bold magenta glow



Of all Thy great creations, Lord,
None have been to me...
as great a source of joy
And inspiration as the tree.




(My Inspiration: Gillian Walsh, Evergreen, Autumn 2010)

And finally, a perfect Halloween Eve moon



6 comments:

  1. Wow! You take real good pictures, just like your dad. Apropriate verse too.
    Only rain here for Halloween, Trick or treaters arrived in their droves all one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snafu, I should have pointed out that the first photo is not mine - you probably figured that out. Comes from the MS Word clip art collection. They have some great photos! We didn't "shell out" this year. Curled up in front of the fire and played a rousing game of Scrabble! Sorry about the rain for the kiddies, but to be honest I really don't like Halloween anyway. People do it up in a big way over here and I think a lot of the little kiddies get really scared, with the lights and sound effects etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have kept quiet I would never have known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to keep in touch with you by this site! I miss you! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you too, anon -- you must keep up with your blog, so that I can visit you there!

    ReplyDelete