Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Year; A Different Life....

...for a few weeks, anyway!

I am down in California, keeping my sister company while her MOTH (Man Of The House) is away.

 I was not sorry to leave this behind in Toronto:



Very grateful to be experiencing this:




The weather has been pretty idyllic since I arrived.

Bu "they" say that next week we will reap the effects of all the storms, lined up out in the ocean right now, that will make their way inland and cover us with driving storms filled with rain -- ALL next week!.

The surfers along Carlsbad's beaches are already enjoying the effects:




Unusually high waves -- to their delight!




Choosing the right spot




Waiting for the perfect wave




Hope they read the instructions before they headed out




This couple is oblivious to it all - mesmerized with each other.

(I think this is an amazing photo - can't believe my camera took it.
I used the 'landscape' mode for the first time)




This little beach-side squirrel wasn't interested in the waves either --
he was looking for hand-outs.




And even my sister found something more interesting to talk about than surf!
Two former strangers quickly became friends, conversing about art -- one of Chris's favourite subjects!

Stay tuned.
We are hoping to drive down to the beach during the storms next week.
I know -- we're crazy, but we both love storms (as long as we are safe),
and the raging ocean should create some great photos!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Kay! Enjoyed them almost as much as I enjoyed the afternoon. Let's do it again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete