Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Still Practising, cont....

I promised I would post some of the artwork I've been working on for the last few weeks. Not much to show for all the time that's passed -- I've been busy with other things!

But I am still practicing. Here's the proof! The scan quality of all of these is not the greatest. This is my version of the original I posted some weeks ago. I got really bored with this one, after I had drawn the cat and dog, and finally put it aside. I may finish it one day!
My first attempt at a profile -- not bad, but she has quite a perky nose!!
I copied this one from a Phillip Keller book. I love the scene, and it actually turned out better than it appears here.
Finally, this one was great for practicing the art of shading and dimension.

I think it might be a while before I get to those oil paints, although I did buy some small canvases today -- so it's on my mind.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Kay! I see you've been busy. My blogging and art work have taken a nose dive this week. Too many appointments. By the way, the wander has returned!

    ReplyDelete