Saturday, August 29, 2009

Food, Fearless and Fun in China

And now -- back to China.

Lots of unusual sights in the local marketI'd rather not watch this young lady eat a scorpion -- but DOTH (daughter of the House) tells me she did eat it!

No doubt the noodle-making process would be fun to watch


Seems DOTH's group got hungry watching this, so they headed to a yurt for lunch:
Looks a little claustrophobic to me.
But I hope they did the following BEFORE the meal and not after:
While some of her team went on a rather bumpy camel ride, DOTH opted for something more scary -- a very bumpy jeep ride:

Up and down, in and out the hills and sand dunes at breakneck speed

A little windblown, shaky and trembling -- but she made it!!

She lived to tell the tale. Here she is with her students -- a class of Chinese educators with whom she spent three weeks, teaching them how to teach English to their students And this is what she did in her spare time! Having fun with the local rubber ducky!






1 comment:

  1. Oh, I thought I'd left a comment on this post. Sorry! Scorpions??? Yuck! Looks like Wendy had a good time. I would have liked to have tried the camels!

    ReplyDelete